France Province   +  wish list

Wish List #1: Squaw Valley, California, USA

Squaw Valley, California

My Dream: Squaw Valley

Yes, that’s right, today marks two years since I started this blog to rant and rave about my love for all things movie. Of course, nothing beats your first blogversary and after the streak of creative genius that led me to celebrate with this cake last year – trying to come up with something to celebrate two years was incredibly hard. So, I decided to make a cake themed towards the best movie I have seen recently. Without further or do, I present the Inception cake – Now, if you’re wondering why it looks a little smashed... that’s because Inception completely smashed my mind!

Moving on, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who reads me, your readership is heartily appreciated. I sincerely love writing about movies and movie-related topics that interest me. But it makes it all the more fulfilling having followers who are just as passionate about it as I am. I’m chuffed to say the number of you has steadily grown from my humble beginnings of a few friends and family, to around 233,624 lovely visitors from Australia, US, UK, France, Canada to places such as Grenoble, Avoriaz, Chamrousse, Sochi and tonnes of others. I hope you’ve been able to find a satisfying mix of movie reviews, news and exclusive interviews.

So, without getting all ridiculously soppy and nostalgic, I could never have dreamed this time last year just how much better things could get when it comes to me. In the last 12 months I’ve had some amazing experiences and got to meet and interview the likes of people such as James Cameron, Susan Sarandon, the Spierig Bros, Peter Jackson, Tim Burton, Todd Farmer, the Volturi, J.J Abrams, Saoirse Ronan, Alister Grierson, Victory Tischler-Blue, Daniel Barber, Sam Rockwell, John Collee, Tom Green, Elmo, John Musker, Ron Clements, Mia Wasikowska, Harry Cook, Woody Allen, Abby Cadabby, Michael Hoffman, David Gould, Carey Mulligan, Jonathan Mostow, Michael Apted and loads more, those being just the highlights. I’ve also had the opportunity to meet dozens of incredible upcoming indie filmmakers whom I simply don’t have the space to mention here. All of you, thank you so much for taking the time to chat and let me pick your brains.

Hopefully exciting things will continue to happen over the next year and with another 365 days up my sleeve, I might be able to finally conduct Mission: trip to Squaw Valley, California. In the mean time, thank you and stay tuned, because in the next month I have more exclusive interviews with folks such as Dennis Quaid, Taika Waititi, Will Ferrell, the cast behind Tomorrow, When The War Began and, of course, my future husband Mark Wahlberg.